Thursday 17 June 2010

The plot thickens!

As Twyth walked away he almost ran into the Commissionaire.

“Ah Twyth, perhaps you can help as the General seems so busy”

“I have lots of work for the General, but if it is something simple?”

“Jean Claude has been killed, I’m sure someone has interfered with our wagon, can someone check”

“I’m sure I can arrange that sir, how did he die?”

“Near the wagon, he had just apprehended a woman when a hussar appeared and blew his brains out with a pistol. Then they rode off”

Very well sir, I will ask Captain Santerre of the engineers to have one of his men check the wagon for you.”

“And can you recommend a replacement for Jean Claude?”

“I’m sure if you ask around the various units you will find a willing volunteer”

“Thank you Twyth, you have been most helpful, unlike some around here”

With that the Commissionaire en Mission stalked off, allowing Twyth to breathe a sigh of relief.

Thinking again about the evidence, Twyth considered that the desire to sabotage the guillotine could indicate that the Frundsbergers feared that they would lose the battle?

=============================
There will now be a pause while I go off to the SOGG Big Game this weekend. Hopefully once I return I'll get chance to fight the battle of Landsberg.

1 comment:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Have fun at your game . . . and I look forward to the continuing story.


-- Jeff